Luminox Low Foaming Cleaner Product Details
- pH (as is): 6.6
- pH (1% to 5%): 7.5
- Specific Gravity (g/ml): 1.050
- Density (lbs./gal.): 8.75
- Surface Tension (dyne/cm): 35.0
- Flash Point (degrees F, cleveland open cup): 216
- Phosphate Content (as Phosphorous): 0%
- Chelate Content: 0%
- Organic Carbon (% calculated w/w): 20-30%
- Fragrance Content: 0%
- Color: Clear
- Form: Liquid
- Solubility in water: Completely soluble
- Foam tendency: Low foaming
- Biodegradability: Biodegradable
- Shelf Life: Two years from the date of manufacture
Low-Foaming Neutral Cleaner
- Low foaming for use in mechanical and spray washers
- Neutral pH for non-corrosive cleaning, safe handling and easy waste disposal
- No chelation or alkalinity waste treatment problems
- Concentrated for economical use
- Free rinsing to eliminate interfering residues
- Biodegradable and phosphate free
Aluminum and soft metal surfaces, medical instruments in aluminum trays, alkaline sensitive lab and glassware, sensitive aerospace materials, pharmaceutical process equipment, medical devices, electronic components. FDA certified.
Used to remove:
Corrosion inhibited formulation recommended for glass, ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, aluminum, copper, zinc, and other soft metals, ceramic, plastic, circuit boards and electronic components.
Chemical DescriptionLuminox is an aqueous, low-ionic content, phosphate-free blend of organic solvents, surfactants, and rinse aids.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: pH, spectrographic methods, surface tension, and surface analysis.
Health Safety Information
- RCRA Hazard Class: Non-hazardous
- EPA Priority Pollutants: None
- DOT Hazard Class: Non-hazardous
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Latex Content: None in detergent, packaging materials or adhesives.
- Oral Toxicity: LD50 > 5000 mg/kg oral rat. No ingredient defined as an oral toxicant by OSHA
- Eye Irritation: Potentially serious eye irritant
- VOC Content: Less than 50 g/liter even at 10% use concentration
- Carcinogenicity: NTP = No IARC = No OSHA = No
- All ingredients in Luminox are listed in TSCA inventory.
No special precautions other than good industrial hygiene and safety practices employed with any industrial chemical (see Directions). A Material Safety Data Sheet is available here.