Keylajet High Alkaline Liquid Product Details
- pH as is: 13+
- Specific gravity (g/ml): 1.3
- Density (lbs./gal.): 10.8
- Flash Point (degrees F): None
- Phosphate Content (as Phosphorus): 1.0%
- Organic Carbon (% calculated w/w): 2.8%
- Fragrance and Dye Content: 0%
- Surface Tension 1% Sol’n (Dyne/cm): 33
- Color: Pale Yellow
- Form: Liquid
- Solubility in Water: Completely soluble in all proportions
- Hard Water Effectiveness: Highly Effective
- Biodegradability: Biodegradable
- Foam Tendency: Low Foaming
- Shelf Life: Two years from month of manufacture
Low-Foaming Chelating Alkaline Detergent
- Concentrated to save you money
- Corrosion inhibited formula
- Caustic liquid detergent with chelators
- Free rinsing to give you reliable results and no interfering residues
- For tough-to-clean residues on hard surfaces
Used to remove:
Corrosion inhibited formulation recommended for hard metals, steels, stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, rigid plastics, cement, and elastomers. Do not use on soft metals such as copper, aluminum, zinc and magnesium.
Chemical DescriptionKeylajet consists primarily of a homogeneous blend of potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, phosphate, surfactants, and chelators.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, UV, TOC, HPLC, sodium concentration, phosphorus concentration, anionic surfactant concentration using inexpensive detergent water testing kits, surface tension, and surface analysis.
Health Safety Information
- OSHA Hazardous Ingredients: None
- RoHS: No RoHS hazardous ingredients
- EPA Priority Pollutants: None
- DOT Hazard Class: UN1760, Corrosive liquid, N.O.S. (Contains sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide), 8, PGII
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Latex Content: None in detergent, packaging materials or adhesives.
- Oral Toxicity: LD50 >1000 mg/kg (Rat, Oral)
- Eye Irritation: Causes serious eye damage. Wear protective splash goggles when using.
- Inhalation Toxicity: Non-irritating in use form. Mists would be irritating.
- VOC Content: 0%
- Carcinogenicity: NTP = No IARC = No OSHA = No
- All ingredients in Keylajet are listed in TSCA inventory.
No special precautions other than good industrial hygiene and safety practices employed with any industrial chemical (see SDS). A Material Safety Data Sheet is available here.