Product Details for Citranox Liquid Acid Cleaner
- pH of 1% solution: 2.5
- Specific gravity (g/ml): 1.10
- Density (lbs./gal.): 9.15
- Flash Point (degrees F): None
- Phosphate Content (as Phosphorus): 0%
- Organic Carbon (% calculated w/w): 17%
- Fragrance Content: 0%
- Surface Tension 1% Sol’n (Dyne/cm): 32
- Color: Pale Yellow
- Form: Liquid
- Solubility in Water: Completely soluble in all proportions
- Hard Water Effectiveness: Highly Effective
- Biodegradability: Biodegradable
- Foam Tendency: High Foaming
- Shelf Life: Two years from the date of manufacture
Acid Cleaner and Detergent
- Concentrated to save you money
- Phosphate free, biodegradable and readily disposable
- Penetrating wetting power to save you time
- Free rinsing to give you reliable results and no interfering residues
- Use to pass your cleaning validation tests for lab accreditation and plant inspection approval
- Contains acid ingredients for high performance removal of metal oxides, salts and inorganic residues combined with full detergent capability
Dairy equipment, laboratory ware, sampling apparatus, lab stills, laser chillers, clean rooms, optical parts, electronic components, pharmaceutical apparatus, cosmetics manufacturing equipment, restaurant equipment, rethermolators, steam tables, metal forgings, stampings and castings, industrial parts, pipes, tanks, boilers and reactors. Authorized by USDA for use in federally inspected meat and poultry plants. Passes inhibitory residue test for water analysis. FDA certified.
Used to remove:
Corrosion inhibited formulation recommended for glass, metal, stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, plastic, rubber and fiberglass. Can be used on soft metals such as copper, bronze, aluminum, and zinc if rinsed promptly. Corrosion testing may be advisable.
Soak, brush, sponge, cloth, ultrasonic, flow through clean-inplace. Will foam—not for spray or machine use.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, UV, TOC, HPLC, anionic surfactant concentration using inexpensive detergent water testing kits, surface tension, and surface analysis.
Health Safety Information
- OSHA Hazardous Ingredients: None
- RCRA Hazard Class: Non-hazardous
- EPA Priority Pollutants: None
- DOT Hazard Class: Non-hazardous
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Latex Content: None in detergent, packaging materials or adhesives.
- Oral Toxicity: LD50> 5000 mg/kg oral rat No ingredient defined as an oral toxicant by OSHA
- Eye Irritation: Serious potential for eye irritation if not rinsed Inhalation Toxicity: Non-irritating
- VOC Content: 0%
- Carcinogenicity: NTP = No IARC = No OSHA = No
- All ingredients in Citronox are listed in TSCA inventory. USDA NSF cat A3
No special precautions other than good industrial hygiene and safety practices employed with any industrial chemical (see Directions). A Material Safety Data Sheet is available here.