Product Details for Alcotabs Critical Cleaning Tablets
- pH of 1% solution: 6.5
- Flash Point (degrees F): None
- Phosphate Content (as Phosphorus): 3.9%
- Organic Carbon (% calculated w/w): 20%
- Fragrance Content: 0%
- Surface Tension 1% Sol’n (Dyne/cm): 32
- Percent active ingredients: 100%
- Color: White and cream flakes
- Form: Tablet Solubility in Water: To 10% (w/w) at ambient temperature
- Hard Water Effectiveness: Highly Effective
- Biodegradability: Biodegradable
- Foam Tendency: High Foaming
- Shelf Life: Three years from the date of manufacture
Critical-Cleaning Detergent Tablets
- Special slow release tablet formulation for maximum cleaning performance from your syphon pipette washers
- Concentrated to save you money
- Biodegradable and readily disposable
- Free rinsing to give you reliable results and no interfering residues
- Use to pass your cleaning validation tests for lab accreditation and plant inspection approval
Pipettes and tubes with syphon pipette washers in hospitals, clinical, educational, R&D and industrial laboratories and cosmetics manufacturing. Authorized by USDA for use in federally inspected meat and poultry plants. Passes inhibitory residue test for water analysis. FDA certified.
Used to remove:
Corrosion inhibited formulation recommended for glass, metal, stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, plastic, rubber and fiberglass. Can be used on soft metals such as aluminum, zinc and magnesium if rinsed promptly. Corrosion testing may be advisable.
Alcotabs consists primarily of a homogeneous blend of sodium linear alkylaryl sulfonate, phosphates, carbonate and excipient ingredients added to aid in tabletting. Alcotabs are anionic in nature.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: conductivity, UV, TOC, HPLC, sodium concentration, phosphorus concentration, anionic surfactant concentration using inexpensive detergent water testing kits, surface tension, and surface analysis.
Health Safety Information
- OSHA Hazardous Ingredients: None
- RCRA Hazard Class: Non-hazardous
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Latex Content: None in detergent, packaging materials or adhesives.
- Oral Toxicity: LD50 > 5000 mg/kg oral rat. No ingredient defined as an oral toxicant by OSHA
- Eye Irritation: Mild to moderate eye irritant if not rinsed
- Inhalation Toxicity: Non-irritating solution, powder a potential irritant
- VOC Content: 0%
- Carcinogenicity: NTP = No IARC = No OSHA = No
- All ingredients in Alcotabs are listed in TSCA inventory
No special precautions other than good industrial hygiene and safety practices employed with any industrial chemical (see Directions). A Material Safety Data Sheet is available here.