Product Details for Alconox Powdered Precision Cleaner
- pH of 1% solution: 9.5
- Flash Point (degrees F): None
- Phosphate Content (as Phosphorus): 7.3%
- Organic Carbon (% calculated w/w) :11%
- Fragrance Content: 0%
- Surface Tension 1% Sol’n (Dyne/cm): 32
- Percent active ingredients 100%
- Color: White and cream colored flakes
- Form: Powder
- Solubility in Water: To 10% (w/w) at ambient temperature
- Hard Water Effectiveness: Highly Effective
- Biodegradability: Biodegradable
- Foam Tendency: High Foaming
- Shelf Life: Two years from the date of manufacture
Powdered Precision Cleaner
- Concentrated to save you money
- Biodegradable and readily disposable
- Penetrating wetting power to save you time
- Replaces corrosive acids and hazardous solvents
- Free rinsing to give you reliable results and no interfering residues
- Use to pass your cleaning validation tests for lab accreditation and plant inspection approval
Healthcare instruments, laboratory ware, vacuum equipment, tissue culture ware, personal protective equipment, sampling apparatus, catheters, tubing, pipes, radioactive contaminated articles, optical parts, electronic components, pharmaceutical apparatus, cosmetics manufacturing equipment, metal castings, forgings and stampings, industrial parts, tanks and reactors. Authorized by USDA for use in federally inspected meat and poultry plants. Passes inhibitory residue test for water analysis. FDA certified.
Used to remove:
Corrosion inhibited formulation recommended for glass, metal, stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, plastic, rubber and fiberglass. Can be used on soft metals such as copper, aluminum, zinc and magnesium if rinsed promptly. Corrosion testing may be advisable.
Soak, brush, sponge, cloth, ultrasonic, flow through clean-inplace. Will foam—not for spray or machine use.
Make a fresh 1% solution (2 1/2 Tbsp. per gal., 1 1/4 oz. per gal. or 10 grams per liter) in cold, warm, or hot water. If available use warm water. Use cold water for blood stains. For difficult soils, raise water temperature and use more detergent. Clean by soak, circulate, wipe, or ultrasonic method. Not for spray machines, will foam. For nonabrasive scouring, make paste. Use 2% solution to soak frozen stopcocks. To remove silver tarnish, soak in 1% solution in aluminum container. RINSE THOROUGHLY—preferably with running water. For critical cleaning, do final or all rinsing in distilled, deionized, or purified water. For food contact surfaces, rinse with potable water. Used on a wide range of glass, ceramic, plastic, and metal surfaces. Corrosion testing may be advisable.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, UV, TOC, HPLC, sodium concentration, phosphorus concentration, anionic surfactant concentration using inexpensive detergent water testing kits, surface tension, and surface analysis.
Health Safety Information
- OSHA Hazardous Ingredients: None
- RCRA Hazard Class: Non-hazardous
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Latex Content: None in detergent, packaging materials or adhesives.
- Oral Toxicity: LD50 > 5000 mg/kg oral rat No ingredient defined as an oral toxicant by OSHA
- Eye Irritation: Mild to Moderate eye irritant if not rinsed
- Inhalation Toxicity: Non-irritating solution, powder a potential irritant
- VOC Content: 0%
- Carcinogenicity: NTP = No IARC = No OSHA = No
- All ingredients in Alconox are listed in TSCA inventory.USDA NSF cat A1
No special precautions other than good industrial hygiene and safety practices employed with any industrial chemical (see Directions). A Material Safety Data Sheet is available here.